Our business strategy is straightforward and effective – We deliver Tier One services without the Tier One price tag because:
- We listen to your plans and provide options that meet your needs, then deliver to our agreed scope, schedule and budget.
- We ensure that our project team has comprehensive knowledge and the relevant expertise to deliver the appropriate advice and services for your scope of work.
- Our business model is based on a digital office-less structure, significantly reducing our business overheads. We pass these cost savings directly to our clients.
Director - Principal Geologist
Mark is a geologist with over 38 years’ experience working for small, medium and large organisations in the minerals industry. His experience spans exploration, feasibility and development, mine operations, management, research and development, consulting and professional development. He has excellent project management and communication skills.
In his role with Derisk, Mark consults at both the strategic big-picture scale and the tactical detailed scale. His specific expertise includes:
- Project management
- Mining geology operations
- Resource and reserve estimation and assessment
- Exploration and mining project due diligence
- Geological risk assessment and management
- Specialist public reports
- Strategic organisational planning and management reviews
- Mentoring and professional development training
Mark is a long-time member of the Australian Institute of Geoscientists (AIG), and has been on the Qld branch committee since 1999 (chair from 2007 to 2014). He has organised and chaired many AIG conferences, seminars and events. He is also regularly on the organising committee of conferences that are held jointly with other professional and learned institutes.
He has authored/co-authored a range of technical papers and workshops, including geological risk assessment, intellectual property management, geological benchmarking, mineral resource auditing, and public reporting requirements.
Director - Business ManagerMichele is an accomplished business administrator and office manager with over 30 years’ experience in the services, contracting/consulting, and research and development sectors, comprising more than 12 years in the minerals industry. She has worked for small, medium and large organisations, and operated her own event management business.
Through her diverse experience, Michele has built up a strong skills base that enables her to develop and implement strategies for effective and efficient business systems and office management. She has excellent organisational, communication and people skills.
In her role with Derisk, Michele provides the following expertise:
- Office management
- Business systems and procedures
- Quality assurance processes
- Risk management systems
- Business development planning
- Marketing and promotion
- Event planning and management